My research interests are in:
- Bioinformatics and Proteomics
- Data Mining analysis of Mass Spectrometry data
- Grid-Based Problem Solving Environments for Bioinformatics
- Semantics Grids, Knowledge Grids, BioGrids
- Ontology and Knowledge Management in Grids
- Adaptive Hypermedia Systems
In the past I also worked on:
- Parallel computing architectures and parallel programming languages implementation
- Wireless Application Protocol: architecture and services
- Infrastructures and Tools for tele-education
- Distributed systems and databases
- Real-time and high-performance data management in telecommunication systems
- Lossy and lossles compression of semi-structured data
- Internet architectures, protocols, frameworks and services
- Member, ACM.
- Member, IEEE Computer Society.
- Member, Italian Bioinformatics Society
- Member, Java Italian Association (JIA).
- IEEE CBMS-06 – Special Track on Computational Proteomics (http://bioinformatics.unicz.it/cbms2006/) .